or Sign up
News

Rivian R1T pre-order holders, check in here

Discussion in 'R1T' started by Domenick, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jacob Szafranski

May 15, 2019
    Central Illinois
    Looked over my preorder confirmation and didn't see anything either.

But price/battery pack size will determine your ultimate place in line before your number, so I guess once the configurator comes out and you finalize your order will you know your place in line.

I'm hoping a 180kwh order keeps me near the top with the order I placed with the LA show.

My car lease is up in November 2020 :eek:

2. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs Karting

Mar 5, 2019
    Tid's post was from back in Nov 2018. Since then I recall reading that someone found a discrepancy in the Terms and Conditions. It may have been related to a "confirmation number" and the lack of one. I pre-ordered back in April and I made a copy of the Terms and Conditions at that time. There is no mention of a "number" for canceling your order or anywhere else in the T&C document for that matter.

6. Cancellation/ Refund.
    You can cancel your Pre- Order and receive a full refund at any time by sending an email to
    preorders@rivian.com from the address you used to make the preorder. You will receive your refund within
    approximately 3 business days. Rivian promotional items, if any, received at the time of Pre-Order are yours
    to keep even after cancellation.

Everything I've read to date (Rivian, forums and articles) have indicated that those submitting a pre-order do not receive a "number" of any kind - just a confirmation email of your pre-order, which was exactly my experience as well.

3. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs Karting

Mar 5, 2019
    It should along with the 135 kWh battery packs. However, my confirmation email stated:

"Production will begin in 2020. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021. "

So I suspect a 135 kWh BP configured order could be built before a 180 BP configured order even if submitted on the same day if the 135 BP order has an options package that surpasses the cost of the 180 kWh BP order. Considering the price of these EAVs I can easily see that happening with people ordering the 135 BP and using the cost difference from the 180 BP to add options even if it exceeds the base price of an 180 kWh BP.

4. army2willis

army2willis Rookie

Jun 24, 2019
    I have preordered myself as well.

Domenick likes this.
  5. Jacob Szafranski

May 15, 2019
    Central Illinois
    Yeah, ultimate vehicle price will determine your place in line. Pack size probably won't matter, but rather total cost of the EV. Good point.

Wonder if Rivian will make a "special edition" akin to the founder series with an even higher price tag?

I can see bidding wars already on the not too distant horizon.

I have a feeling this will be the most expensive car purchase of my life.

6. Phil

Phil Rookie

May 17, 2019
    I too preordered shortly after seeing it at the LA Auto Show. Everything I’ve heard and read to date has only confirmed this is the vehicle for me.

Domenick likes this.
  7. Jacob Szafranski

May 15, 2019
    Central Illinois
    I really don't see the benefit of disclosing the number of preorder reservation holders publicly, and am doubtful that Rivian will do so prior their estimated production date.

I can't help but feel that currently Rivian is like a snowball rolling down a mountain and with each passing day is picking up more preorders, and it's in their favor above all else to keep that number private.

Honestly no matter what the actual number is it will either be lauded as being "too big" for a fledgling EV startup, or "too small" in comparison to other current main place auto manufactures with electric vehicles already to market. But in all seriousness Rivian can use this to their advantage and spin the numbers whichever direction they want depending on whom their target audience is.

Each preorder event nets more eager buyers and this carries with it opportunities for Rivian to go to the next interested partner and then disclose how many people are waiting in line for their vehicles. But if they told us now, the cats out of the bag and now everyone can chime in on what they think of the numbers, and it's just kinda out there. Either too big or too small, but all of it should be taken in context and of course that context is ever changing i.e. Amazon, Ford, etc... Who knows who else will jump on board?

I think the number will be higher then what people would expect in most cases. The EV revolution is upon us and I am confident that Rivian is seeking the help of whomever is in support of their mission and vision of transitioning to renewable and more sustainable transportation models.

Tesla comparison are always amusing, but I think Rivian is doing enough to differentiate themselves form the pack of other EV makers out there.

Only time will tell...

Domenick likes this.
  8. Domenick

Domenick Administrator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I thought RJ seemed quietly confident in the number of preorders. I also agree about making them public (or not). I mean, unless they're crazy huge and they decide to leverage the list to raise more money -- privately or IPO -- there's no need to move the conversation toward increasing risk with ambitious scaling up of capacity potential. Just continue to walk quietly and follow the business plan.

9. Hawgwld

Hawgwld Rookie

Apr 19, 2020
    As outdoor enthusiast who enjoy the capabilities of our Jeep Wrangler JL we have been looking at the EV market for a while with hope. Hope in the form of functional everyday commute with the prowess and utilitarian functionality to go off road in the Pacific Northwest (PNW), After studying for few months about Rivian we decided to put in preorder for R1T. As others have noted 'time will tell' as we edge closer to production and actual vehicles in consumers garages. Will this be a well design, maliciously tested vehicle. That has few hiccups in the start with excellent service network and customer response. Or do we see disgruntled masses sorry they made the purchase. As all of us here I am sure hope, since we preordered, and fully expecting the former.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Paul Bishop

Paul Bishop Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    I pre-ordered and put the money down. Got my confirmation email and a few months later got my pic of the truck which I hang proudly in my garage. Looking forward to following through getting the truck in the next year! I think it looks like it's the real deal!

Domenick likes this.
  11. Domenick

Domenick Administrator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Congrats, Paul. I hope you'll consider sharing your pics and impressions when it arrives.

12. John G.

John G. Rookie

May 16, 2020
    I placed my order in November 2019 and received a confirmation shortly after.
    And I'm waiting as fast as I can!!

Domenick likes this.
  13. redlead3

redlead3 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    #88 redlead3, May 28, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    Pre-ordered as of 2020/5/28

Domenick likes this.
  14. Thedavidporter

May 28, 2020
    6/21/19 was my preorder for R1T

Domenick likes this.
  15. Pete Isaacson

Pete Isaacson Rookie

Jun 8, 2020
    Chiming in here from California

Put in my deposit on:
    March 6 2020
    for the R1T

Domenick likes this.
  16. Phil Riley

Phil Riley Rookie

Sunday

Hi
    I have tried to preorder from the UK but the option is not there. I checked the internet and the twitter post saying "it's in a few weeks" was dated 2018....
    So, I know that everyone is welding spikes to old cars an fighting for the last toilet role but is there any ACTUAL news on UK preorder, because there are a lot of options out there and getting more by the day and year plus old utube and photoshop nonsense isnt flogging cars.