or Sign up
News

Questions for Rivian

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Domenick, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Domenick

Domenick Administrator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Good point!
    It seemed he hinted that this extra battery could be included in some accessories. Similar to my comment above where I suggested a battery pack embedded in a trailer. "...so these are some of the accessories we're also looking at...adding to the vehicles as well."
    Or maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear. ;)

2. RLXXI

RLXXI Rookie

Nov 26, 2018
    New Orleans
    Portable gas generator in the bed would take care of any range issues. Ran my entire home off one many times after a storm. I used the 220 outlet and back fed the whole house thru the clothes drier plug as it's wired to both 110 buses. Could easily make a pigtail for the charging cable the truck uses.

Pretty much all rv campers/motor homes have them from the factory. Most people don't realize it but all diesel locomotive engines do not power the wheels. It powers generators that are connected to electric motors that power the wheels.

Domenick likes this.
  3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2017
    Yup. Diesel-electric train locomotives are hybrid EVs. The term "EV" encompasses much, much more than just highway-capable 4-wheel passenger vehicles.

4. Alex Tewes

Alex Tewes Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Just a simple question. Is Australia being considered as target marked from launch date? Given our country's fascination with pick up trucks (first and second best selling vehicles are pick up trucks, or "utes" in Aussie-speech) it would make sense.

5. Fitterblue

Fitterblue Rookie

Feb 7, 2019
    I'm bummed EV companies seem to be ignoring the RV four wheel down or flat towable vehicle segment. Atlis seems to be the only upcoming EV that has addressed this market. Fingers crossed Rivian and Tesla do. Please keep that in mind. Thanks

6. JackA

JackA Rookie

Feb 28, 2018
    Washington State
    #56 JackA, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    I know about as much about the R1S today as I knew about Tesla in 2012 when I pledged $5,000 (refundable) to buy a Model S. I have gained total confidence in the technology over the last six years and 130,000 miles. I have reason to believe that Rivian and its team can bring their EV to the street. I would like a less "urban" interior, as I will using my R1S in remote difficult terrain where it will be dirty most of the time.

7. Roy Allan Asuncion

Aug 7, 2019
    trailer with propulsion sounds good. but how about trailer wheels with regen as its being towed. im not an engineer but just tought of that idea.